Illustration: Thomas Edison who gave a second chance to a young boy who broke the bulb.
1. God offers forgiveness
– Not just once but second chance, and third chance, again and again..
2. A Parable of the Tenant Farmers
– A landowner who had a vineyard, and planted grapes, and rented it to other farmers.
– A landowner expects fruits
– Tenant farmers rejected and even killed some a landowner sent
– Finally a landowner sent his son, expecting respect and fair treat.
– After a parable, Jesus asked, “When the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenant farmers?”
– Why did Jesus ask that Q?
3. What is the point of the Parable?
– In this story, the landowner was God. God created all.
– From time to time God sent prophets to restore the Covenant loving relationship.
-Finally God sent His one and only Son Jesus.
– What happened?
WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS?
THOUGH THEIR UNFAITHFULNESS, GOD DIDN’T GIVE UP. God sent His Son.
THAT WHY WE CALL HIM SAVIOR – THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD EVEN IN THIS TIMES OF DARKNESS, BROKENNESS, and SICKNESS. THAT’S WHY WE ARE CELEBRATING WHITE SUNDAY, BECAUSE OF JESUS WHO IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.