There are so many people in our own community and neighborhood struggling with hardships which comes from the basic necessities of life. How does our faith inspire us as communities and individuals to do all the good we can?
1. The Greatest Command
– the intention of the Jerusalem leaders
– confrontation with Jesus’ authority of proclaiming, teaching, and healing
– the last Q: What is the greatest commandment in the law?
– Jesus was asked for one question but replied with two. Loving God & Loving others. Why?
2. What does Loving God and Loving other mean?
– First, the biblical meaning of love is not feeling or emotional description.
– God chooses to love us, not because we are deserved, but because of God’s loving kindness.
– “And the second i like it.” That doesn’t mean it’s similar.
– it means it is equally important.
-So to love God is to love one’s neighbor.
3. Then, how can we love God and others?
– Showing our love for God by coming to service and offering gifts are not enough
– Jerusalem leaders’ misunderstanding:
– Jesus’ teaching on the Sermon on the Mt. Matthew 5:23 “.. leave your gift to the altar and go.”
– First make things right with brothers and sisters
– Many of us think money is what makes us to move.
– That’s why people are chasing money, but the people of faith are following Jesus Christ because God’s love is the primary inspiration for doing God.
– Therefore, for the people of faith, money is not the object to chasing, but blessing to do All the Good We Can.