Sunday Morning Worship
1. Does the Church Service follow a fixed or specific program?
2. Do visitors need to follow any Church protocol when attending service?
3. What should I wear to Church service?
4. Beyond the service program, how do people become familiar with the Church people and other Church programs?
5. Does Calvary have Sunday School classes?
Each week the Church service is varied to reflect seasonal changes, direction of the Worship Team, and congregational interests. Church goers can follow the flow on the Weekly Newsletter handout, which is provided by the ushers to people as they walk in.
Visitors can participate in Church service as they wish. Visitors are always welcome to join in for hymn singing, communion or other service elements, but some people prefer remain by themselves and enjoy the spiritual environment.
Dress code is “Come as you are”. Wear what is most comfortable for you.
After every service there is a coffee social time in the adjacent hall. Refreshments are served, and the people are more than welcoming to visitors. This time is ideal to get to know the people, and learn more about the Church.
Calvary is organizing a Sunday School program that is divided by age group. If the parents wish to keep their children in the main worship, then the Church is very accepting of the children’s attendance.
Calvary Church Facility
1.Where is convenient parking?
2.Is the Church handicap accessible?
3. Where are the restrooms located?
Behind the Church there is a parking area on premise. People also use street parking on Morse Street and Naglee Street. Overall parking situation presents no difficulty to church goers.
Calvary has a handicap ramp into the Church, and has pew areas designated for wheelchairs.
Restrooms are found in several places throughout the church building. There is a restroom in the sanctuary, fellowship hall, education building, etc.
Membership at Calvary
Do visitors need to be members of the Methodist Church to come to Calvary?
Calvary welcomes all people, including those who are not members of the Methodist Church or another church. If someone wishes later to join Calvary United Methodist Church, then the Church offers Membership Class along with the other interested people to be received into the church.
1. What are other spiritual growth opportunities does Calvary have?
2. How does Calvary Church participate in community affairs.