A Safe Sanctuary policy
Calvary adopts a Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Safe Sanctuaries is a policy that has been instituted by our church and the Denomination as a whole to keep children and students safe and also to keep our volunteers and staff members safe.
- How This Policy Effects You:
- Parents: First off this policy hopefully provides comfort, knowing that we are actively looking out for your child/children. This policy does provide at times for our ministries to take extra steps to keep all parties involved in our ministry safe (extra permission slips, requiring more adult leaders, etc).
- Leaders: If you desire to or are currently working with students or vulnerable adults, then this policy effects you directly and is a requirement for all of our leaders to participate in. Attendance in our semi annual training is required. However, if you cannot make scheduled training, please contact myself or our Director of Children’s Ministry, Marion Handley.
- Students: This policy is here to protect you, however at times it will seem like a hindrance to “fun” or things of that nature. Understanding that we live in world where this policy is needed is sad but true.
Let the Children Come to Me!
Calvary has set the top priority on YOUTH 1ST because kids matter so much. Here are five reasons why children’s ministry matters:
- Kids need a solid spiritual foundation.
- Kids are the next generation of leaders.
- Kids are learning to form relationships now.
- Parents need to be equipped for family discipleship.
- Kids need to experience the unconditional love of God through us. (by Meredith Chapuis from Pastors.com)
Calvary has Family Worship on the first Sunday of each month. As we have a combined service, it gives our children an opportunity to embrace God’s love & grace in communion. For rest of weeks, children have their own Sunday school with teachers after children’s message.