We tend to love only the way we want to love others even God. The Good News is we cannot truly love others but God can love us. God shows us the true love in Jesus, so take the authority Jesus gave us and give ONE MORE LOVE, ONE MORE PATIENCE & ONE MORE TRUST.
A: We tend to love only the way we want to love even toward God.
B: We want truly experience Loving Relationship with God and others
C:Take the authority of the Great Commission Jesus gave us, and live and do One More love, One More Patience, One More Trust…
1. Context of the story
- Conflicts between Jesus and Jerusalem leaders
- Jesus’ cleansing the temple
- Q: by what authority are you doing this?
2. Matter of Authority
- Where does the authority of Jesus come from?
- It’s divine authority
- What matters John’s authority? Is it from heaven? or human?
- Qs from the people who went to the river of Jordan: What shall I do?
- Q of leaders: By what authority are you doing this?
3. The Parable of two sons
- With which son do you relate? The one who said Yes to the Father’s will, but still don’t do? Or the one who didn’t really care about Father’s will but changed their Hearts & Minds and live a totally different life all because of His Grace?
4. A problem and the Good News-
- We cannot truly love,- But the Good News is God can. God shows us the true love through Jesus.
- Jesus promised to be with us always. So still now, with full authority in heaven & earth, He is encouraging us to LOVE God & others, not to build the fence & gate, but to tear down them by love. He is strengthening us to love, not to segregate them but help them to reconcile with God & with one another.
- So He is the One who truly make us to love. Thanks be to God!