We all want to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ, but waiting and enduring hardship without knowing the time are challenging us. How can we our hearts and spirits for the coming of the Christ?
[The Road Not Taken: I took this one less traveled by, and that made All the Difference”]
1. The Context
– Wedding in the 1st Century Palestinian: a wedding process, but times not specified
– A parable of 10 bridesmaids: 5 of them were foolish, and 5 of them wise
– They all had a wedding invitation, lamps, and proper dress
-5 of them were ready for the groom to be delayed, but 5 of them were not ready
2. Being Christian is not a problem, but living as followers of Jesus is different matter
– In the beginning of Faith Journey
– When darkness cover the place..
– People who tasted the life of Kingdom of Heaven on the mountain (Matt 5)
– The promise of Jesus in John 14:3
– We can be a peacemaker, and show mercies from time to time.
– But 10 years? 30 years? Lifetime? It definitely requires preparedness
3. Keep Alert
– GREGOREO: in Greek “Keep awake, Keep watching”
– That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t sleep.
– Actually, in V5, those foolish and wise, all were tired and sleepy.
– It means KEEP WATCHING.
[Stopping by the roadside on Interstate HWY 44: ]
– Panning with God, Keep watching for God’s grace and mercy.
– God’s sanctifying grace will help us to grow and endure and mature, so that we may live as God’s Kingdom family. Amen.